Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Took my shoes for a run.

I wish I had more days like today, blue skies, mild temperature's, endless vistas. With an unknown destination I set out above Elfin Lakes to see where I would end up. It was 11km on a well used trail up to the two very beautiful mountain lakes to start with. It's quite isolated, I saw one party on their way down around RedHeather hut, other than that it was a pretty quiet mid week in the backcountry. The feeling I get with solitude and mountains is very spiritual, indescribable sometimes? 
I am alive in the backcountry, searing lungs and heavy breathing, quivering quads and aching feet. My mind is happy, my spirit free. In pursuit of this feeling I will always have.
I finished up back at my car 6 and a half hours later and just shy of 50km. Happy am I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment